For me, one of my keys to feeling healthy and balanced is prep cooking. I make sure that I have great tasting protein, cooked and ready to eat in glass tupperware in my refrigerator at all times. I also have a container full of cooked rice and a few bags of greens. I love to keep a high quality salt and balsamic vinegar on hand to add to the greens as well. With these few simple things I can throw together a meal in minutes. Here is one of my favorite, super easy, preparations of chicken. Let me know when you try it!
My Mom’s Lemon Herb Chicken
4 Chicken Breasts
1/2 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup olive oil
3 cloves garlic minced
1 Tbsp oregano
1 Tbsp parsley
1 Tbsp basil
1. Take a fork and poke lots of holes in the chicken breasts to better soak up the marinade.
2. Combine the rest of the ingredients in a large glass bowl to create the marinade.
3. Marinate chicken breasts for 2 hours in refrigerator, turning the breasts over half way through.
4. BBQ for 6 minutes per side or until the juices run clear.
5. Boil the remaining marinade for 3 mins over stove top.
6. Pour boiled marinade over chicken breasts and serve, or store!